Frequently Asked Questions
You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions section below for BRHP homeowners.
How long can I receive assistance under this program?
Except in the case of a family that qualifies as an elderly or disabled family, other family members shall not receive homeownership assistance for more than:
- 15 years, if the initial mortgage incurred to finance the purchase of the home has a term of 20 years or longer; or
- 10 years, in all other cases
The maximum term described above applies to any member of the family who:
- has an ownership interest in the unit during the time that homeownership payments are made; or
- is the spouse of any member of the household who has an ownership interest in the unit during the time homeownership payments are made
How do I continue receiving payments?
BRHP may only pay homeownership assistance while the family is residing in the home.
- If the family moves out of the home, BRHP may not continue homeownership assistance after the month when the family moves out.
- The family or lender is not required to refund BRHP the homeownership assistance for the month when the family moves out.
When and how should I report a change to BRHP?
You should report a change to BRHP if you experience:
- Escrow statements – provide a statement (Change in mortgage amount – provide updated mortgage statements)
- Notice of default – provide foreclosure letter
- Change in mortgage company – provide a letter from the company
- Change in income – provide paystub or letter from employer
You should submit a change to us in the following ways:
Do I need to recertify with BRHP?
Yes, BRHP performs an annual examination. You must report household income once a year. You will need to provide proof of income for all sources.
Does my home receive annual inspections?
No, BRHP doesn’t inspect assisted homes in this program.
Can I move or sell my home?
Yes, but you will have to pay back the money you owe for the mortgage/remaining balance. Contact Sheila Proano at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or any questions regarding this matter.