Property owners who participate in the Baltimore Housing Mobility Program are more than landlords to us, they are partners and that’s why we call them property partners. At BRHP, we have over 2,000 dedicated property partners that provide a home, a foundation, and a community to over 4,300 deserving families across the Baltimore region. Property partners provide pathways to opportunities and better life outcomes for families who may not have otherwise been in a position to achieve their dreams for themselves and their families.
The advantages of this partnership are two-fold, as property partners enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Payments on the first of each month
- Rent amounts that match market conditions
- An online landlord portal with payment and other information
- Dedicated landlord specialist
- A pool of highly motivated families looking to rent a new home
- Long-term, successful tenants
- Service oriented staff
- Monthly conference calls on hot topics
From property partners who have a single home, to large multifamily apartment owners, our property partners are the backbone of our program’s success and we work hard to provide them with quality customer service.
The Landlord Portal is an all-in-one resource for BRHP property partners. Through the portal, property partners can view payments, inspection results, and other information. All property partners who are receiving payments from BRHP should receive a registration code by mail and email instructions for how to register.
How Do I Become a Property Partner?
We are always seeking property owners to join our partnership. Becoming a BRHP property partner is easy. We are seeking to work with property owners who:
- Own units that are safe and well-kept
- Offer a rent that is reasonable for the property’s size, location, type, and condition
- Have units in approved opportunity neighborhoods (we call these “Opportunity Areas”)
Opportunity Areas are neighborhoods that have strong schools, low poverty, low crime, access to employment, and allow for a healthy lifestyle with access to grocery stores, parks, and recreation centers. Research shows that adults, and especially children, living in opportunity areas have greater success in life.
Our program is unique in that we assist qualified families find housing exclusively in Opportunity Areas. Our Opportunity Areas span across the Baltimore region and include Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Harford County, Anne Arundel County, and Carroll County.