Interim Change Package
Use this form for:
- Income, increase or decrease
- Assets, increase or decrease
- Household Composition, add or remove a member
- Student Status, age 18+, attending or not attending school full time
- Started a business (even if not yet receiving income)
The Baltimore Regional Housing Partnership may deny or terminate your housing assistance if you fail to report a change within 30 business days.
Will my rental portion change when I report a change in income?
- The Program may increase your rental portion if your household income goes up
- The Program may lower your rental portion if your household income goes down.
- The Program will not lower your rental portion if your Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) benefit decreases due to noncompliance with an economic self-sufficiency program, failure to comply with work activities, or fraud.
- The Program will not lower your rental portion because of garnishments or increased taxes that reduce your pay
If my rental portion changes, when will I pay the new amount?
- The Program processes most increases in income at recertification. If your household income is less than $2,400, the Program processes an increase in income when you report it. Your increased rental payment amount goes into effect 30 days after the Program notifies you of the new amount.
- The Program processes decreases in income when you report them. Your lower rental payment goes into effect the first day of the next month after you report the change.
What will change if I add or remove a household member?
- The Program and your landlord must approve all new household members. If BRHP approves a new member but the landlord does not approve the member, you may have to move. You may not be able to move right away based on the terms of your lease.
- After the Program has approved a new member, his or her income will be included in the household income calculation. This increase in income may increase your rental portion.
- If you remove a household member, your voucher size may go down. If this happens, your rental portion may go up.
- Your increased rental payment amount goes into effect 30 days after the Program notifies you of the new amount.
- If you remove a household member and your voucher size stays the same, your rental portion may go down. Your lower rental payment goes into effect the first day of the next month after you report the change.
How long does it take BRHP to process a change?
It may take up to 60 days for the Program to review and process your reported change. You must continue to pay your rental portion until the change is processed.
What can I do to get my change processed quickly?
Turn in all forms and required documents together. Review the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST beforesubmitting the INTERIM CHANGE PACKET and be sure you attach everything required for the change
you are reporting. Most delays are due to not turning in the required documents.